Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm no Dr. Dolittle

I have had the worst luck with animals. I took my kids to the river to feed the ducks. I did this all the time when I was younger. My mom took me and I have many fond memories of it. Well I thought I would do the same for the kids I take care of. So we went to the river and immediatly the ducks come towards us. That should have tipped me off, we didn't even have the bread out yet. I gave the kids bread and they started throwing it in. The ducks got closer and closer. Finally they started to creep up right at our feet like an inch away from pecking my feet. They are no longer afraid of humans. They don't even go after the bread you throw they go after whats in your hands! My kids hands are closer to the ducks! I picked up the little one and grabbed the bread and chucked it quarterback style and we ran to the car. Seriosuly I was afraid the ducks were going to follow us. I will never go and feed the ducks again. crazy winged beasts is what they are.

1 comment:

Holly Larson, MS, RD said...

Ahhh! I once had a squirrel jump on my leg when I was eating an apple. Scared the crap out of me.