"Illness is not something to feel ashamed of. It is not a sign of misfortune or defeat. Suffering is the fuel of wisdom, and it opens the way to happiness. Through illness, human beings can gain insight into the meaning of life, understand its value and dignity, and strive to lead more fulfilling lives. "
"Human life is indeed wondrous. You may be ill physically, but as long as your mental state is strong, it most certainly will exert a positive influence on your body. There may be no better remedy than hope. "
Both of these quotes are from President Daisaku Ikeda of SGI. I recently heard that my friends dad has prostate cancer. They noticed this at a fairly early stage and these are quotes that I find suit the situation because I am terrible with what to say in situations such as this. I hope she and her father find these words encouraging. As well as anyone else who is suffering from an illness. The most important thing is to have a fighting will and hope, because the mind controls the body in a weird and mysterious way.
Abientôt Paris!!
13 years ago
1 comment:
thank you!!
Post a Comment