I went to a takoyaki party today! Takoyaki are little balls of a pancake like batter but hearty tasting. They have tako (octopus) and lettuce, mochi, cheese, ginger, konyaku, and a bunch of other things in them. They were soooooo good. Anyway the best part was when one of the ladies decided to put a big chunk of wasabi in one ball. They made 10 and whoever got the wasabi ball had to hide it. They were not allowed to show how hot it was. After everyone ate their ball we had to all guess who had the wasabi ball. I was cracking up the whole time. the one who thought of the game and put the HUGE helping of wasabi was the one who picked the ball. I was impressed she kept her cool but her watery eyes gave her away. She didn't cough... but she did try to reach for her drink a little too smoothly. Everyone pointed her out at the one who got the ball. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. so as a batsu game (which was her idea...) we all got to ask her one question about anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment