


Yesterday I had one of my training buddies, Ellen come over. We went grocery shopping and she spent the night. It was nice to have a girls night out. We went to my favorite Izakaya (watamin chi's). Today we went to get her a cell phone because we have been here for a month and she still didn't have one. Then Ralph came and joined us for lunch/dinner. Ralph is also a training buddy. Wow I just realized how short my sentenes are. My brain is fried from translating cell phone stuff. Anywhoo, I made curry rice for the first time and was shocked that it turned out ok. I didn't have any garlic though. I haven't seen that over here... it doesn't seem as readily available. That's a shame because you know I love my garlic. OH I also bought a new rice cooker. I made rice twice with the cooker that came with the apartment and it was so nasty I had to throw it away. that's 3 cups of rice people. there was no saving it. I'm tight for cash but its cheaper for me to buy a cooker and make my own food. My curry rice was perfect. I should have taken a picture. It was the first meal I cooked since I got here. And by meal I mean cutting veggies and using the stove. I used the stove to heat water and make instant ramen before and thats it. I have officially broken in my new apartment. How nice. Anywoo I need to do my hair and we all now how long that takes.
3 comments:
Sounds like you are having great time over there! Lots of cooking adventure for sure... enjoy! They are all good though... mmm... :)
wow whats the deal with short sentences? you go over there to teach english and already you are losing yours. lmao jk love the pics of apt
it's so true though. you speak "classroom english" and can't speak regular english anymore
Post a Comment